Monday, April 15, 2013

Yet another re-start ....

Whoa!  It's been over a year since I last wrote a blog post.  Even I'm a little surprised by that gap in time.  However, I don't care to give any excuses, to belabor the point, or come anywhere close to discussing it.  Of course, if you'd like to talk to me about it - I'd be happy to talk about it with you.

I have a new vision for this post.  It's inspired by the different blogs that I've been following lately.  Here are a few such blogs:


(I don't know what the rules are about publishing links to other people's blogs.  Can I do that without their permission?  Well, hopefully they do not have any problems being connected with me as only half of those bloggers actually know me personally.  Please note here that imitation, even a bad imitation, is the sincerest form of flattery.)

So, my blog posts, (which I hope to do a bit more regularly ... anything will be more regular than the past - a nice and easy place to start from) will now be focused on my goal of sharing my knowledge/experiences with you in a way that can start to make the world just a little bit better.  This is a big statement that I am sure I will unpack in the days/weeks to come.

And so ... I start:

I should preface this by saying I cannot take credit for finding what I am about to share with you.  I was introduced to this by my housemate and amazing friend, Jessica Dunham.

I want to tell you all about the workout class that kicks my butt every time I go:  The Dailey Method.


The Dailey Method is a full body workout that combines elements of pilates, ballet, and yoga.  It was started by a woman named Jill Dailey.  Each class is focused on leaning and toning the body while maintaining proper body alignment.  This means that this class can be done safely by anyone:  those who have been told that due to injuries they should not do cardio, those who are pregnant, and those who just want a class that will challenge every muscle group.

The Dailey Method San Diego is an amazing organization.  The gym is run by a woman named Ashley Allison.  Ashley has a vision for The Dailey Method San Diego that extends beyond the walls of the gym.  The Dailey Method San Diego is a business that is a living example of the "small business model" that you want to see thrive.  For example:  Ashley has a heart for non-profit work.  She is always seeking out new ways to work with other small business owners to promote a cause.  Another example:  The front desk is managed by ambassadors who are all paid in free classes.  (If you get addicted and you're interested in becoming an ambassador, talk to Ashley about any available shifts or opportunities.)  

If you're in San Diego, I highly encourage you check it out.  Go to the website, check out the facebook page, or just stop by the gym.  While this business was started by a woman and is managed by a woman, it is not only for women.  My husband has taken the class and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The first class is only $10.00.  I warn you - one class is all it takes to get addicted.  The class seems so simple at first, then your muscles are shaking before it is over, and then the next day you know your muscles are rebuilding.  It's a great feeling!  

The Dailey Method is not only in San Diego.  If you're outside of San Diego, I encourage you to see if there is a Dailey Method gym in your area.  Your body will thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment